In a volatile stock market, investors need to seek out certainty where they can … and that’s what Charles Sizemore does with his Macro Trend Investor advisory service.
Three powerful megatrends he’s watching right now are:
- The demographic shift in America as baby boomers age
- The persistence of low interest rates in a post-crisis world
- The rise of Turkey as Europe’s closest emerging market and a gateway to Asia
More important than just these trends, of course, are the trades you can make to profit from these macro investing strategies. So, here’s a look at some investments that Charles Sizemore is recommending to subscribers of his Macro Trend Investor newsletter:
- DaVita Healthcare Partners (DVA), a kidney dialysis company that has outperformed in 2014. The business has reliable revenue from patients with chronic kidney disease, and demographics will create more “customers” in the years ahead.
- Mortgage real estate investment trusts, or mREITs, that have been battered in the last 12 months but should perform well as interest rates stabilize — and as investors hunger for yield.
- iShares MSCI Turkey ETF (TUR), a diversified investment that holds some of the biggest consumer and business plays in Turkey to benefit from the region’s growth.
Check out the accompanying video for more information about these durable, long-term investing trends and how you can profit from them.
Or better yet, sign up for Charles Sizemore’s FREE weekly e-letter covering top market insights, trends, and the best stocks and ETFs to profit from today’s best global value plays.
Jeff Reeves is the editor of InvestorPlace.com and the author of The Frugal Investor’s Guide to Finding Great Stocks. As of this writing, he did not hold a position in any of the aforementioned securities. Write him at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter via @JeffReevesIP.