Charles Sizemore of Sizemore Capital Management talked with me today about Daimler AG (PINK:DDAIF), maker of the iconic Mercedes-Benz and his top pick for 2013. We also talked about chipmaker Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), which he holds both personally and in my Dividend Growth Portfolio at Covestor.
Here’s what we talked about in a nutshell:
Daimler remains a decent long-term buy with a 5% dividend and continued reliance of both upper-class customers as well as emerging market consumers. Europe’s GDP troubles and broader economic software around the globe aren’t grand, but Germany’s Daimler just posted strong earnings and is selling at a good clip.
Intel remains a decent long-term play based on its 4% dividend yield and massive market share of the semiconductor business. Furthermore, the post-PC negativity is overdone since there remains a good utility in laptops and PCs even if tablets are on the rise. Maybe it hasn’t figured out mobile yet, but it is rolling out chips that will work with Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) Android devices soon that could make a big splash.
You can get all the details by listening to the above podcast.
And check out the complete list of Best Stocks for 2013 on InvestorPlace.com. Current frontrunners include
- Charles’ most recent update on Daimler stock and my most recent take on Intel after earnings. (InvestorPlace and the Slant)
- Listen to me and Charles discuss our picks previously in this earlier podcast. (The Slant)
- January auto sales saw sustained momentum after a good 2012. (Reuters)
- Intel is dabbling in TV now? (MarketWatch)
- Intel is hoping to make a splash at the Mobile World Conference with some Android-OS chips. (The Verge)
Jeff Reeves is the editor of InvestorPlace.com and the author of “The Frugal Investor’s Guide to Finding Great Stocks.” Write him at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter via @JeffReevesIP. As of this writing he held a position in Intel and Apple.