InvestorPlace has compiled a list of 10 best stocks for 2013 by asking 10 different experts to each pick an investment they expect to outperform from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31 this year. Charles Sizemore of Sizemore Capital Management riffed with me last week about half of the picks (listen to that podcast here) and we revisited the topic to offer our personal take on the second half of the list in today’s podcast.
I must state for the record that the entire list is full of strong picks, but this is admittedly a “swing for the fences” feature trying for big gains in a horizon of just 12 months. So don’t let any bullishness or bearishness for the purpose of your contest influence you if you’re looking for a quick swing trade or a buy-and-hold play in any of these stocks that lasts well beyond our Dec. 31 deadline.
Anyway, the picks we cover here include:
- Mobile tech powerhouse Qualcomm (NASDAQ:QCOM) from Paul R. La Monica. Read his original recommendation here in “Qualcomm: Year of the Snapdragon.”
- The ETF Global X Funds Greece (NYSEARCA:GREK) from Mebane Faber. Read his original recommendation here in “Buy Greece? Buy Greece.“
- Generic drug stock Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL) from Rick Pendergraft. Read his original recommendation here in “Mylan Has the Rx for Portfolio Growth.”
- Metals and mining powerhouse Vale (NYSE:VALE) from Stephanie Link. Read her original recommendation here in “A Global Recovery Will Lift VALE to New Heights.”
- Semiconductor giant Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) from yours truly, me. Read my original recommendation here in “Intel Pays Big Dividends Now, and Shares Could Soar in 2013.” But if you want more info, check out Charles’ recent article about Intel as his favorite tobacco stock or my breakdown of Q4 earnings at INTC.
Read more about the 10 best stocks for 2013 on InvestorPlace.com for details on the full list and to follow the contest across the year.And listen in to Charles and I riff on the first five picks of this series, including Charles’ own selection of Daimler (PINK:DDAIF).
Jeff Reeves is the editor of InvestorPlace.com and the author of “The Frugal Investor’s Guide to Finding Great Stocks.” Write him at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter via @JeffReevesIP.