Almost a week ago, I wrote a column that was a bit gloomy on the markets – highlighting 11 data points proving the rally is doomed.
Charles Sizemore, a CFA who is the editor of the Sizemore Investment Letter and writes about stocks and the market at CharlesSizemore.com, disagreed. So he wrote a column of his own on three reasons to expect a Q4 rally.
I decided to call up Charles and press him on his prediction. Here’s the audio
- Charles’ 3 reasons to expect a rally (InvestorPlace)
- My 11 reasons to expect a crash (InvestorPlace)
And just in case you want an outside take:
- Morningstar says 91% of stocks are fairly valued and that “stock-specific investments” are the best strategy… Great, more platitudes about a stock picker’s market. (Yahoo! Finance)
- Maybe we are both right – with short-term volatility followed by a big surge? (MarketWatch)
- Nah; I’m right. Weak may earnings result in a very ugly run for Wall Street several weeks down the road. (Barron’s)
Jeff Reeves is the editor of InvestorPlace.com and the author of “The Frugal Investor’s Guide to Finding Great Stocks.” Write him at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter via @JeffReevesIP.